Sticky rice balls with peanuts are easy and fun to make and the perfect snack or dessert! Sweet, chewy, and generously coated with ground peanuts and toasted sesame seeds, they’re seriously addicting!
Every time I shop for ingredients at the Asian supermarket in our area, I always pick up a pack or two o sticky rice balls with peanuts, or what they call Tong But Luck in Cantonese, to go. I love snacking on these glutinous balls and can’t resist popping one after the other; they rarely make it home. Sweet, chewy and generously coated with ground peanuts and toasted sesame seeds, they’re ridiculously addicting!
Fortunately, I can satisfy my cravings without an inconvenient drive to the store as they are so easy to make and take just a few minutes to pull together.
Similar to our Filipino palitaw, they’re made by combining glutinous rice flour with water to form a dough, which is then shaped into balls and cooked in boiling water until they float. Instead of grated coconut, however, Tong But Luck are coated with ground peanuts for a delightful crunch and aroma.
Tips on How to Make Sticky Rice Balls with Peanuts
- I use 1 cup of water to 2 cups of flour ratio which I find yields the chewy texture I like. The mixture will look dry at first but keep on mixing with your hands until it gathers into a smooth, soft and pliable dough.
- Once the balls rise to the surface, they’re done. Use a slotted spoon to remove them from the water right away to keep from over-cooking and drain well to prevent from wetting the peanut coating.
- Let them cool just enough to touch and begin immediately to roll in the ground peanuts as they’ll coat better when still warm.
- These glutinous rice balls are best enjoyed at room temperature as they tend to harden when cold. If you want to refrigerate leftovers for longer storage, you can warm them up in the microwave for a few seconds or until softened.
That,s All about South African Recipes.
- Muvhango 4 December 2019 Full Episode
- The Queen 4 December 2019 Full Episode
- Isidingo 2 December 2019 Full Episode
- Whole 30 Breakfast Burrito
- Make better homemade pasta with our tips
- STICKY RICE BALLS WITH PEANUTS
- CORNED BEEF SINIGANG
- BAKED SALMON WITH SWEET CHILI
- SUMAN SA IBOS RECIPE
- SPICY SOUTHWEST PUMPKIN SOUP